Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Old time fun



This weekend, we visited my Uncle Darrell's little cabin in Haysi, VA. He built this cabin on the land that my grandmother and my mother's families were raised. This place is built on the top of a mountain and the road was a little treacherous to drive on. The view was spectacular... unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture of that. Almost all of my mom's brothers and sisters were there and my grandmother (who is 95) and her sister Vivian (who is also in her 90's) were both there. My kids provided the entertainment for the adults and we all had a great time. I love getting together with family! Enjoy the pictures...
Raegan spent most of the time jumping off the porch.Drew practicing his happy face...
His sad face...
And his SUPER sad face...
This is how my little man walks all the time. It reminds me of an old man just soaking it all in, only Drew is usually going at warp speed.
They actually took a sweet picture together.
Drew and Grandad having fun.
Drew riding Doot's horsey.
My sweet grandma, "Mom O" who Raegan still calls "Aunt Mo".
Drew spent a lot of time in the dirt and Raegan spent a lot of time washing her hands so she wouldn't get too dirty... typical.
Another sweet picture of the kids.
My 90 something great Aunt Vivian helping Drew drink a little lemonade.
Uncle Ken, Drew, Raegan and Aunt Viv just hanging out.
Raegan got to help nana crack some walnuts. Thankfully, the walnuts were the only thing that got cracked. I questioned nana's sanity when she willingly sat with Raegan and a hammer.

No comments: