Saturday, September 11, 2010

Building towers and riding bikes

We haven't been doing nearly as much lately, since my 3rd child seems to want out just as badly as my other children did. This means I am sitting a lot, and the kids are finding more ways to entertain themselves. I got a kick out of these first few pictures of them building a tower. It's speaks volumes about how they play. Raegan loves to "direct" Drew on how things are done. Here she is showing him how to build his tower tall. And don't you love Drew's "Super Drew" cape? Mrs. Howell made that for him and he loves it. He saves the day a lot around here now. Don't know what I'd do without my little super hero :)
And of course, Drew does the work and Raegan gets to knock it down. I just wonder how much longer Drew is going to allow her to rule the roost. I feel like her days are numbered.
One of our new favorite things is going to an old car lot with the kids bicycles and letting them run wild. I take a chair and watch, and they have lots of fun chasing each other and just riding. Raegan insists she wants to try to learn to ride without training wheels, but bravery is not one of her strongest qualities. We will see if she ever really lets me take her training wheels off. Drew has just recently learned how to pedal, however, he isn't the best at turning around. He doesn't understand the concept to just keep pedaling and turn your handle bars. Thankfully, Raegan is usually willing to help him out.
He is a pro at the scooter. He can fly on that thing! (And yes it's a princess scooter, but he doesn't seem to mind... yet)
I just loved this picture because you can see just how many more freckles my sweet little red head has now.

No comments: