Thursday, March 13, 2008

It smells like spring...

It smells like spring when I walk outside, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up. After all, spring isn't officially here yet, but we are enjoying the warm weather while it lasts. We are thankful for a few days of sunshine and fresh air, if for no other reason than to get out and rid ourselves of the germs that are trying hard to stick around. I think we are finally over the worst of our illnesses. YEAH! Let me show you some sweet baby smiles from our little man Drew. I've had a hard time catching them on camera, but today he cooperated. Check out that red hair!
He was chuckling in this one. That is the sweetest sound!
This was taken this morning to prove that Drew had survived the night. Let me explain a little. We were all exhausted last night, so the kids were in bed by 8:30 and we were in bed by 9:30. Now, Drew has been sleeping pretty well, usually about 5 hours at a time. Last night however, I woke up in a panic at exactly 4:08 a.m. and I was thinking... I don't hear Drew. I ran to his room, barreled through the door thinking I would find him not breathing. Instead, I found him sleeping peacefully and still swaddled up in his blanket just like he likes it. He didn't stiruntil 4:40 (even after his crazy mother felt of his head, and checked just to make sure he was breathing) . I couldn't believe it... he slept for 8 STRAIGHT HOURS!!!! We all finally got the good night's rest our bodies so desperately needed. Then he didn't get up for good until 8:00 this morning. I had forgotten what that much sleep felt like!
Here are a few of our pictures from our play date today with our little buddy Ryan Kidd. Drew did seem to enjoy what little bit of fresh air he got today. Here he is all snuggled up outside. (mind you it was 65 degrees)
I loved this action shot of Raegan. She was trying to say cheese with the sun in her eyes, and while swinging. This is the face we ended up catching.
This is how Drew spent most of his time outside. I loved how the wind was blowing Raegan's hair around today. I guess I just love the fact that she actually has some hair now.
Here is Ryan's mommy, Lisa (or Shi-sha as Raegan likes to call her) pushing the kids on the swings.
Raegan wanted to climb the rock wall so bad, but she just couldn't figure it out yet. She was happy to let Lisa help her up. They decided to come inside and take a break. Drew wanted to be big today too. Ryan really does like Drew, but it was getting close to his nap time for him to snuggle up to him :)
Yesterday, Raegan was sweet enough to lay down with Drew and show him how to really enjoy his little toy. I didn't have the heart to tell her his little arms just won't reach the toys yet. It's the same thing when she tries to give him something to hold in his hand. She just doesn't understand why he won't take it.
Raegan was talking to him and he was just grinning from ear to ear. I think he is warming up to her a little.
Just a random picture of my cutie pie.

No comments: