Wednesday, January 13, 2010

At it again

My poor sister in law... she is in for some interesting gifts for her baby girl now that I've got my sewing machine. What better way to practice my new skill than something fairly simple like burp cloths. Well, here is my first attempt at a burp cloth. I love this fabric, and used an old baby towel as the alternate side. It's a little "uniquely" shaped, but that's what makes it homemade. Who wants perfectly straight, mass produced burp cloths anyway. And what are my kids doing while I'm making my projects? Making some lovely art projects of their own. I love Drew's dot technique. These were our latest Dollar Store find.
Raegan using her favorite color, pink of course.
This is completely unrelated, but I had to post this. My son found a new way to enjoy one of his favorite toys, his dump truck. Who knew it could double as a riding toy as well :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Consider it "contoured."