Saturday, October 18, 2008

Here we are...

Last week, I was a working mother again. And let me tell you, I don't think I'm cut out for working AND raising my children. I only worked 3 half days (8:00 to 12:30) to fill in for somebody on vacation and was wiped out. Now, of course, we aren't used to getting up at 6:30 (the kids go to bed at about 8:30 and get up at about 8:30) and we had lots of other things already planned for the rest of our time last week. I would seriously have to reorganize my entire life schedule if I had to work again. That's just not something I'm ready to do!!!!!
Anyway, despite our busy week, life did go on and as usual, lots of things changed. Drew is flying all over the house now (usually chasing me or Raegan around), he is kinda eating solids (think cheerios and tiny chunks of fruit), he is pulling up on everything, he can stand all by himself for almost a minute, he can say mama, dada, nana, bye bye... in essence, he is growing up. Crazy thing is here comes the baby fever! Not that I'm really ready to have another baby yet, but it's always so nice having a little baby in the house. It just makes me a little sad knowing that my two kids are getting big. We are still working on potty training with Raegan, but not making much progress there. I think I will at least wait until I get one kid out of diapers before having another :) Three in diapers... YIKES!!!Another trick, waving and saying "bye-bye" "That's a long way down"
" I'm coming to get you Mama"
The kids love to pile up with us on the couch.
Drew getting ready to take off.
Wild child with her wild ponytail.
These are about the best pictures that I get of Raegan these days. She is such a "cheeser" (if that's a real word).
Such a little princess.
And just for fun, here are a couple of things you don't get to see everday... This was on the Biltmore Estates Grounds and yes those are wild turkeys crossing the road. There were about 20 of them.
And I've never seen a smaller car in my life. I still don't even know what it is, but I'm hoping they get good gas mileage and didn't have to travel far. I would be so closterphobic! It's about the size of Raegan's tricylcle only with a roof :) Anybody know what this thing is?

2 comments:

Julie said...

These little boys grow up too fast - I'm still amazed at how they seemingly transform overnight from needy infants to busy toddlers. This afternoon Doug and I got two-on-one time with Matthew which was really special (it reminded me of what life was like with just one), but then our family walk to the duck pond was special, too. I feel like motherhood is like always being pulled in multiple directions.

As to the vehicle, it's a Smart Car. Yes, you can't go through life with boys without learning something about cars. They remind me of Lowly Worm's apple car.

Maggie said...

Hi, I'm Ginger Dale's granddaughter. I didn't get to see you over the summer when I was at my grandparents house because you were on vacationand then your kids got sick.Tell your kids I said hi.
By the way, the car is called a smart car. You can only fit 2 people in there!