Friday, November 21, 2008

Winter has arrived

Well, we haven't seen snow like this in quite a while. I'm so excited to see such blustery conditions!!! This was the view from our front door this morning (where we spent lots of time watching all the snow) This was our back yard.
I braved the frigid 24 degree temps to take a quick measurement. This was the most level spot I could find, and as you can see we got over 7 inches.
This was the snow piled on one of the kids toys outside. This was later than I when I measured, so I'm pretty sure that there are at least 8 or more inches. Oh, how I wish we were all feeling better so we could bundle and romp in the snow!!!
So what do we do on these days when we can't get outside... Well, you read to the dogs of course. It was too cold to even send the dogs out, so they got to hang out in our kitchen this morning (a big treat for them) Raegan was reading them one of her favorite books, "Good ole Noah had and Ark"

1 comment:

Nae and Clara said...

My kids were so excited to hear that Grandmama and Grandaddy had snow this morning. It's pretty cold here, but no snow. Better you than me is all I'll say :)